Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm back

Well I thought I should post again before Christmas.

Some of you may know that I recently returned from a very nice Month in the UK.
One of the highlights of the trip was the weekend of Pre-heresy gaming at Warhammer World with the rest of the guys from The Great Crusade.

It was the culmination of the worldwide pre-heresy Ullanor Campaign.
After much catching up, eating and sampling of Bugman's Brew.
We decided that our first game would be an Apocalypse game against a very large force of Orks.
Now unfortunately for us, the battle didn't really follow the script.
The Emperor had a teleporting problem, at least 3 Primarch's fell to the Green Tide, Horus included.
Still it was great to see everyone's armies in person instead of online.
Which brings me to the GW Mini Hall of Fame/Museum, it was great to get to see some of the great pint jobs & models that I have seen in my numerous issues of White Dwarf.
All I can say is that regardless of how good the camera/photography is, nothing beats seeing them up close in person.

The second day was just a couple of 1500 pt games, which I can happily say, saw my Luna Wolves victorious. By 1 Kill point vs Dark Angels & by 2 objectives vs Imperial Fists.

While I was there I also had a look through the new IA Vol. 9, The Badab War.
It's a very nice book, lots of detail on the different chapters involved.
Some nice new rules for some of the main characters & an army list for the Astral Claws.
It did give me a nice idea towards a nice new Pre-Heresy project, that will run alongside my Luna Wolves.
This time however I will be doing my Marines Truescale.....I hope my GS-Fu is up to the task.

Anyway I'll finish by saying that if you have never been to Warhammer World, it is well worth the trip.
I'm quite looking forward to going back there, the next time I travel to the UK & Europe.

I hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New year &
may the Gaming Gods be kind and deliver that prized boxed set or Mini that you are waiting for.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice time mate! Fortunately you just missed the shed-load of snow thats just made the country grind to a halt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks a lot worse now I'll admit.
    We got on the Sleeper Train from Aberdeen to London to head back down south to get ready to come home. The very next day the lines from Edinburgh etc. were all closed due to snow. London at this stage only had a light dusting.

    Then we had disruptions returning from Paris on the Eurostar, a few days later, but still got back in time to make our flight out of Heathrow. Which was the only Airport operating, all of the others were closed.
    But our flight was delayed, not by weather, but due to a screw up & then all communications with Air Traffic Control dying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice new banner on the site btw, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I need to thank King Fluff for that photo. It's one of the shots he took at the Ullanor weekend.
    He's got a damn good camera.

    ReplyDelete